Winchester model 94
Category: Shotguns and Smoothbores
Winchester model 94 is one of the most adored level-action rifles of all times. It is also known as Winchester model 1894 or Win 94. It is an amazing riffle that was first designed by John Browning back in 1894.
This riffle became a favorite asset for hunters since it is very popular for big game hunting. The rifle was originally defined to fire two metallic black powder cartridges which are Winchester .32-40 and .38-55 Winchester. Again, it was the first riffle made to chamber smokeless powder round the 30 Winchester Center Fire (WCF).
It was later specified by marlin to .30-30 rifle and was using black powder cartridges as the first and the grain of powder as the second. This is the cartridge that has become synonymous with the mode 1894.
The rifle was produced from 1894 through 1980 by several companies that ceased manufacturing in 2006. Winchester model 94 rifles are back in production and are being made by Miroku Company of Japan. They are imported to the United States by Browning Arms Company of Morgan.
Winchester models 94 is light in weight, has quick pointing characteristics, ease in cycling the next round, has a good responsiveness and a good training rifle for the first time shooters. This has made it a preferred rifle for many hunters across the globe especially for hunting white tailed deer.
This is proven by the fact that it was the first rifle to sell more than seven million units in United States. In fact when some reviews were done they showed that the rifle has so many other advantages. These are;
· It has an incredible design which John Browning designed so well taking into consideration the durability of the riffle. The rifle does not wear off easily and the mechanism is smooth and precise.
· Winchester model 94 has steel and wood. These steel parts are solid and reliable. Most people think that it is made in an old fashioned way, which is a turn on to many.
· It has a very solid lockup. It was designed to handle very smokeless powder loads that were newest in the world. Even the latest version of this model still handles the powder so well.
· It is a gun that lasts for a long period of time. Most models have been introduced to the world but have not lasted the taste of time. With the Winchester model 94, all the generations will appreciate and come to know the wonderful rifle of all time.
· Winchester model 94 is believed to be very accurate than any other models. The bullet choices are many and it is very affordable. This is a riffle that almost every person can afford to have and enjoy its flexibility.
The design of the rifle has been changed on several occasions. All these changes have been made to improve the gun making it more effective. The latest change was done in 1992 where several parts were changed to improve the security and the performance of the riffle.
It has been credited as the ultimate level action design by firearms historians. The name Winchester is being used to refer to all rifles of its time.