Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
Category: Food & Culinary
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
4 Slices Swiss Cheese
4 Slices of Ham (or Prosciutto)
1 cup flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup whole milk (or 2% milk)
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp of Canola Cooking Oil
1. Flatten chicken breasts to just under one 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Place one slice of swiss cheese and one slice of ham on top, make the the cheese and ham are inside the edges of the chicken breasts,
3. Roll up the chicken, tuck in the edges, and use toothpick to secure.
4. In a shallow pan mix flour paprika pepper and salt. In another bowl whisk together the eggs and milk, and in one last bowl place the bread crumbs.
5. Dip the rolled chicken in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg/milk mixture, and then place into the bread crumbs and roll until completely covered.
6. In a large skillet, heat the oil and then just brown the chicken on all sides.
7. When the chicken is sufficiently browned place in a large baking dish.
8. Cook the chicken at approx. 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and juices are clear.
9. Remove the toothpicks and serve.
Into saucepan put, 1 cup of milk, 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp of brown mustard and the chicken broth. Bring to a low heat, then add 2 tablespoons of butter. Once butter has melted slowly add flour until desired thickness.
Sprinkle sauce lightly over chicken