Chevrolet Equinox SUV
Facts about Chevrolet Equinox SUV. Chevrolet Equinox is a mid-sized crossover that was introduced in the market in 2004. The Chevrolet Equinox SUV has a body that is similar to the Satum Vue or Ford Escape though it is larger than them. The Chevrolet Equinox has a wheel base of 2,858 mm and a horse power of 182. The front wheel is standard though the Chevrolet Equinox has an optional four wheel drive. But mainly it uses the front wheel drive.
In the year 2006, General Motors decided to update the Chevrolet Equinox for the first time in history. They added the badges as well as the front door. The Chevrolet Equinox was available with a 3.6 liter, V6 engine that was made in the US.
The Chevrolet Equinox SUV has undergone two generations and model year changes which have seen the introduction of different models with different features. The features have improved both the speed and performance of the Chevrolet Equinox.
The first generation
In the year 2008, General Motors released a sport Equinox. The features included;
· 3.6 LY7 DOHC engine
· 6-speed automatic transmission with an option of a tap up and down shifting capability which made it more powerful. Its powerful engine could accommodate a speed of 97 km/h in seven seconds.
· 25 mm lowered ride height which had a performance tuned suspension.
· Front and rear body kits which were unique
· Heated sport leather seats
· A DVD entertainment system
· Four wheel drive
After a while a Chevrolet LTZ was added in the market and it had different features;
· 17 inch chrome clad aluminum wheels,
· Chrome door handles
· Chrome luggage rack side rail inserts
· Heated front seats
· Leather steering inserts
· Curtain side impact bags
· AM/FM stereo plus a six disc CD changer and MP3 CD
The second generation
This was introduced in late 2008. It is a superior model than the first generations but maintaining the same body platform. The first to be released had maintained the GM badges but they were removed later. It has the following features;
· A pair of new gasoline direct injection engines. This saves fuel more than the first generation version.
· A 2.4 liter four cylinder engine made in the United States.
· An optional 3.4 liter V6 engine
· Six speed automatic with an optional of four wheel drive systems.
· A standard front wheel
For safety purposes the Chevrolet Equinox has been installed with features to help reduce accidents. These are;
· Standard front impact airbags
· Side impact curtains
· For the first and second row, overhead airbags are installed.
· Anti braking system brakes
· Ignition disabling feature
· OnStar 12 month system that helps the driver with an automatic crash response.
Over the years it has been improved and some features added. The noticeable ones are the addition of direct injected 3.3L V6 on the latest models that delivers around 301 horsepower, dual DVD system, a full color touch screen display, and a safety package that consists of forward collision alert and lane departure warning.
When Chevrolet Equinox was compared to other SUVs, it was found to be more comfortable. In terms of leg room when seated, it has enough space for movement. Therefore, it is very good even when one is using it for long distance trips.
All Facts are based on our research, always check lookseek facts in case of any errors. Lookseek is not responsible for any mistakes in this article.