Facts about Chevrolet Suburban SUV. The Chevrolet Suburban is the most sold sport utility vehicle of General Motors. The Chevrolet Suburban has been in production from 1934 to date. The Chevrolet Suburban has been re-designed severally to update its look. Initially the Chevrolet Suburban was known as the Suburban Carryall but General Motors removed the Carryall.
Chevrolet Suburban SUV is the biggest SUV in the world to date. The Chevrolet Suburban has three rows of seating, a V8 engine, and pickup truck frame. The Chevrolet Suburban is one of the few station wagons that have bench rows. Though the height and width is the same as the Chevrolet Tahoe. It is 20 inches longer. The Chevrolet Suburban can accommodate nine passengers and just behind the seating area the 20 inches is an extension of cargo area.
In America, the Chevrolet Suburban SUV is used as police cars, an EMS fly car, or Limousine. The Chevrolet Suburban is also used as a presidential escort car at times. In the 90’s, General Motors introduced the Right Hand Drive version specifically for the Australian market though it reported very low sales so it was withdrawn in 2000.
The Chevrolet Suburban SUV has undergone twelve generations since it was introduced to the world. The thirteenth generation will be introduced in 2019. All through these generations, the SUV has been remodeled to fit to the market.
The Features of Chevrolet Suburban SUV
· The Chevrolet Suburban SUV has inlaid doors. The doors tuck well into the door’s sills thus improving aerodynamics which saves fuel and the interior noise is reduced.
· The Chevrolet Suburban SUV is not heavy because the hoods and lift gate panels are made of aluminum.
· The Chevrolet Suburban's length expands from 5,649 mm to 5,700 mm while the width extending from 2,009 mm to 2,045 mm. The height decreases and for these reasons the car looks lean and wider.
· The Chevrolet Suburban SUV has eight colors which includes; Silver Ice Metallic, Tungsten, Metallic Sable Metallic, Crystal Red Tricoat, Summit White, Quicksilver Metallic, White Diamond Tricoat, and black.
· The Chevrolet Suburban SUV has USB ports and power extensions that are spread evenly in the interior of the vehicle.
· Rear-seat entertainment has dual screens with a DVD player. 4G LTE Wifi access system and text messaging alerts are also included in the Chevrolet Suburban.
· The front seat has side impact airbags and side curtain airbags.
· The Chevrolet Suburban SUV has stability control which makes the SUV safe.
· The seats have dual foam firmness foam thus providing comfort to the users.
· Has back up camera
· Introduction of two inch leg room for the second row allowing more comfort.
· The Chevrolet Suburban SUV has a 360 degree radar detection that can help detect a crash. This is very useful because once the driver detects danger he/she is able to prevent it.
· Anti theft systems are installed and they are useful because they help in theft protection. They include vertical and interior sensors, a device used to shut down the vehicle preventing it from moving, an alarm that if touched can make noise, in glass and window breaking system.
· It is installed with a traction control and blind spot alert.
The installation of these devices is aimed to make the Chevrolet Suburban SUV less attractive thus putting off the carjackers. So far the SUV has not received negative feedback which makes it a suitable choice for everyone.
All Facts are based on our research, always check lookseek facts in case of any errors. Lookseek is not responsible for any mistakes in this article.