Category: Automotive History
History and facts about Audi Automobiles. The Audi Car is an automobile manufacturer of Germany that plans, engineers, manufactures, sells and dispenses automobiles. Audi manages global operations from its head office located in Ingolstadt in Bavaria. The branded vehicles from Audi are being fabricated in nine manufacturing facilities all over the world. Since 1966, the business has been a majority held auxiliary of Volkswagen Group, subsequent a phased acquisition of its predecessor, the Auto Union, which is a combination of four automobile manufacturers of Germany, from Daimler-Benz, an automobile manufacturer of Germany. Volkswagen again introduced the Audi automobile product with the 1965 launch of the Audi F103 chain.
Audi Automobile History and Information
At first, in 1885, automobile business Wanderer was founded, later turning out to be a division of Audi AG. Another business, NSU, which also afterward, merged with Audi, was established during this time, and afterward, supplied the chassis for the four-wheeler of Gottlieb Daimler, who was an industrialist, industrial designer and an engineer.
On 14th of November 1899, August Horch, who was an automobile pioneer and engineer from Germany, founded the Audi automobile company, A. Horch & Cie. in the Ehrenfeld region of Cologne. After three years, in 1902 he shifted his business to Reichenbach im Vogtland in Saxony. On the 10th of May 1904, he established a combined-stock business in Zwickau.
Due to troubles with the Horch chief economic representative, August Horch exit from Motorwagenwerke on the 16th of July 1909, and established in Zwickau, his next business. His earlier partners prosecuted him for brand breach. The Supreme Court in Leipzig finally determined that the Horch trademark belonged to his earlier company.
On 25th of April 1910, the Audi Automobilwerke GmbH Zwickau was entered in the business's register of Zwickau listing court. During the same year, the Audi Type-A 10 Sport-Phaeton, which was the first vehicle manufactured by Audi, followed by the descendant Type B 10 in the same year.
The Left-hand drive style extended and established supremacy during the 1920s, as it offered an improved view of approaching traffic, making overtaking of vehicles safer. So, Audi automobile introduced a left-handed drive production sedan, the Audi Type K in September 1921, and it turned out to be the first left-handed drive car manufacturer of Germany.
Audi automobile commenced with a the Type A vehicle, which is a 2,612 cc inline-four engine mock-up, pursued by a 3,564 cc model, in addition to 5,720 cc and 4,680 cc models. These sedans were thriving even in sport events. Then in 1924, Audi automobile introduced the Type M vehicle, which is the first 6-cylinder, 4,655 cc model of the business.
Audi used 8-cylinder engines in its Audi Dresden and Audi Zwickau models that were launched during 1929. Simultaneously, four-cylinder and six-cylinder models were constructed. Audi cars of that period were comfortable cars prepared with extraordinary bodywork.
During 1932, Audi automobile merged with DKW, Horch and Wanderer, to shape Auto Union AG, Chemnitz. It employed a Power Train shared with the Wanderer.
Reproducing the financial pressures of the time, Auto Union focused more and more on smaller sedans during the 1930s, so that the DKW product of the company accounted for 17.9% of the automobile market of Germany by 1938, whereas Audi automobile owned only 0.1%. After the ultimate few Audi cares that were delivered during 1939, the name "Audi" completely vanished from the new automobile market for over two decades.
After the Second World War, swamped by the Soviet Army in 1945, according to the orders of the Soviet Union armed management, the factories were dismantled as part of war damages. After this, the total assets of the company were annexed without reimbursement. On 17th of August 1948, Chemnitz’s Auto Union AG was removed from the commercial record.
The earlier Audi automobile plant in Zwickau again commenced assembly of the pre-war-car-models during 1949. These car models were renamed to IFA F8 and F9 and were analogous to the West German models. The Zwickau factory manufactured the notorious Trabant pending 1991, when it came under the control of Volkswagen and bringing it under the identical umbrella as Audi automobile effectively since 1945.
Currently, the sales of Audi cars grew strongly during the 2000s, with deliveries to consumers, increasing from 653,000 during 2000 to 1,003,000 during 2008.
The fear of riding in a car is known as Amaxophobia.
All Facts are based on our research, always check lookseek facts in case of any errors. Lookseek is not responsible for any mistakes in this article.